HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
You're here! let's get cooking!
*This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Refined Sugar Free. Suitable treat for Paleo and Vegetarian Diets*
*This recipe is also great for using those 3-4 Large (over)ripe bananas you ALWAYS have left over, waste not, want not ;)*
- 3-4 Large Ripe Bananas, smashed
- 180g Almond Flour
- 45g Coconut Flour
- 3 Free Range/Organic Eggs
- 3 TBS Maple Syrup
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180'C
- Combine all the "wet ingredients": Banana, Eggs, Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, Vanilla.
- Add Bicarb Soda and then activate with Lemon/Lime Juice before combining again.
- Add the "dry ingredients": Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Cinnamon, and mix well.
- Line your weapon (baking tin) of choice with baking paper - we like a traditional "loaf pan" - but you can get cheeky with square tins and round tins, this recipe is disruptive enough that you can totally get away with a non-traditional shaped bread!
- An obvious step - put the mixture in the baking tin.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes and use the trusty ol' skewer method to check if it's cooked in the middle before taking out of the oven.
- Let it cool, fool! remove from the tin and serve hot and fresh out the kitchen! Keep it covered and in the fridge so you can enjoy it over and over for up to a week (if you manage to not eat it all before then!)